autoquest 145

bikechad

I have recently bought my 1st motorhome an Autoquest 145 but the submersible water pump that is supplied with the van from new is missing and I want to replace it. The water tank is miniscule and moving the van to the water point every day is a pain.

Can anyone please advise which pump I need to plug into the external socket, my van is in secure storage and miles away from home at the moment or I would l just look for myself.

Thanks in anticipation

We really need to know which type of filler point is fitted to your van as Elddis have used (at least) 2 different systems over the years.

If you have a big round Zadi lockable filler cap and a separete small square electrical socket then the latter is for a Hella/Bosch type 12v plug such as in the link below and you can connect any submersible pump of your choice plus a length of hose to go into the filler.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-24v-DC-Hella-Type-DIN-Accessory-Power-plug-/291295154913

If you have the Whale Aquasource system with a single rectangular filler point with a lifting flap then you need one of these kits below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-Whale-Aquasource-Mains-Water-Hook-Up-Kit-Carver-Truma-Systems-/271814888685

Thanks Steve,

It has a lockable big round filler cap and a seperate plug point as you suggested but after taking a look at the plug in your link I am not sure it looks the same. My memory is not good and the more I think about it the more unsure I get so I will have to go to the van and take a look.

There seems an aweful lot to learn about owning and running a motorhome, every day I am learning something new and loving the experience. I seem to spend hours trawling the internet or reading the owners manual and even longer planning trips. Retirement in the new year means some serious van usage for me next year. A big kid with a new toy!

Archived