Selling motorhome

skottle

The bad news is (as I'm sure you are aware) you are going to loose buckets of money, its obvious to everyone who owns a m/h that a 7wk old A class owes you a lot of cash so the only people who have that kind of money in the middle of November are the main dealers, they will no doubt take the p*#s and give you the sob story of nobodies buying/selling at this time of year but if like me you take a keen interest in the classifieds you wlll notice that unless you can afford to give the thing away they don't actualy shift to well, cos the same vans hang around for a while then pop up elsewhere still with the same seller, and with the price of a new A class most people can only dream of having that kind of money to spend at any time never mind in the middle of winter. Sorry to be such a grump but having owned 3 vans in 18 months I know how to loose money. oorgiz :-(

Hi, Asked the dealer, will lose too much. We have been out in it every weekend since we owned it and have been abroad in it. Love the van, but circumstances have changed and will now only be able to perhaps use it for 4 weeks of the year. We have decided to keep it now but are considering possibly hiring it out.

I think there's a topic here somewhere abuot hiring out your van. I think too that the CC have a list of folks who do so. Pity you don't live nearer! Hubby and I would love to have use of one on an occasional basis for archery competitions! And 4 of our friends want to go 'havles' but hubby won't! Our circumstances changed too: had to buy a car instead so the money got swallowed up! I'm sure you will find friends who would be willing to pay you something towards it. Just sort out the insurance first! Most vans only get used on an occasional basis too - if you have to stand it up, invest in a solar power unit to keep alarms and batteries intact. If you need in our direction, drop by so we can have a droollleee ....... ;-)

I fear that, if you need to release the cash tied up in the vehicle, you're going to have to take a loss. This is not a good time of year to sell a motorhome and even the hire fleets are sellers not buyers. If you don't need to release the cash immediately, it MIGHT be worth waiting until Spring. But it will then be 6 months older, BoE Base Rate may have gone up again, and who knows what you'll get for it? Sorry if that sounds awfully negative, but I've been there myself - bought a brand new Merc which I hated: rotten, bouncy ride and very noisy. Tried selling it privately but in the end sold it back to the dealer at a 40% loss (after just 18 months!) - but 3 months later he was advertising it at less than he paid me.

[QUOTE]Mel E - 2006-11-10 12:58 PM Sorry if that sounds awfully negative, but I've been there myself - bought a brand new Merc which I hated: rotten, bouncy ride and very noisy. Tried selling it privately but in the end sold it back to the dealer at a 40% loss (after just 18 months!) - but 3 months later he was advertising it at less than he paid me.[/QUOTE] Oh dear, that makes a refreshing change - I really feel soooooooo SORRY for the dealer (not!)!!!!!! I bet you really relished that didn't you Mel ... go on, be honest, no one's listening, I won't tell... ;-)

Archived