New Motorhome

Dibsy

I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice I have been given over the last few weeks.

We have now bought a motorhome (Pilote Atlantis A5, 2003) which we are really looking forward to using. We have our first adventure planned in a couple of weeks time.

I went to collect it and managed to drive it and reverse it into a parking space in the storage place which I was really pleased about as I have never driven anything so big before!

Although we've not used it yet we are really pleased with it. The interior is in really good condition and the engine seems to run well and everything (except one of the blinds) seems to work as it should. I've spend some time giving it a really good clean and now am ready to start filling it up with our stuff!

I've got a birthday coming up and am expecting lots of motorhome themed presents!

Anyway thanks again.

Dibsy

Regarding the size, there are hundreds of truck and bus drivers who manage quite well so why not you? There's nothing complicated about it, just picture where you're going and what you're about and it works, as you've found out ... simple!

Filling it up with stuff is easy but will you really need all ?

Good luck in the new adventures.

May I suggest that you take the van to a weighbridge to find out how much payload you have without going over your weight limit - that way you can hopefully pack as much clutter as you can into it without worrying as it will make no discernable difference to the mpg and generally more weight improves the ride.

If it does not already have a rear bumper I would consider fitting one as it often works out a lot less hassle and cost than trying to source or repair a rear end panel or light unit and certainly improves ones confidence when reversing.

Similarly a reversing camera can be a godsend or if you prefer reversing bleepers to at least warn you that things are getting too close for comfort.

Derbyshire or Shropshire, you'll be spoiled for choice.Usually we do the two counties for day trips although there are a couple of nice Caravan Club Certified Locations at my home time in Derbyshire which we visit a couple of times a year.

Archived