Transit cps

capcloser

Coming back from a day out Sunday our transit van a 2005 280 125 bhp cut out with no warning, no misfire knocking or any symptoms of a problem. AA man came and fired it up using eazystart when it fired and ran for a second no problem, he said it was a fuel issue. He read the code and said the camshaft position sensor had failed, he told us it was a common fault and an easy fix about 30 quid for the part.My garage however when I phoned to book it in we're far more pessimistic saying that if this sensor fails it always damages the camshaft, which is at odds with what that ford forum suggests,in fact I couldn't find anything on the internet about damage caused by this problem! Who is right? The garage hasn't looked at the van yet its booked in for tomorrow. Anyone have any knowledge of this please?

On the advice of a guy at work who is a mechanic I informed the garage that I needed to see and photograph any damage for warranty purposes just for peace of mind you know, they seemed okay with that and are ,gonna phone me later with a diagnosis and an estimate hopefully not a huge bill,looking at the receipt it says limited 3 month warranty have had van a month

Last may our 280 konked out they thought it was a sensor ..... It wasnt then they thought it was a different sensor it was hooked up for diagnostic checks and it turned out to be alternator they had to take it to a ford commercial garage , so i would get a second opinion too if i was you good luck pp :- they great little vans :

Archived