"Worms"

Paul Morgan

We could have names for the various types of members: younger members could be 'early worms' environmental members could be 'earth worms' apartment dwellers could be 'flat worms' older members could be 'tin worms' (as in rust!) I'm sure some of you can come up with others! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE]Manxmaid - 2006-11-21 1:51 PM Is there an 'owners club' for Rapido owners? We take delivery of ours in January.[/QUOTE] Hi Manxmaid yes, there is an owners club, full details listed in MMM. Not sure of the relevance of this to 'worms'...though, of whatever sort! Had our Rapido (710F, now sadly no longer made), almost 5 years, and many happy miles of driving and touring. Excellent service from Caravannes Rapido at Wokingham. Funnily enough have been looking to replace with something on the new Fiat chassis, but everything now seems to have grown in width and length, and/or has a fixed bed, whcih we do not want. Enjoy the Rapido.

While at Brighton I spoke to a chap who owned a Rapido caravan. He told me that at present the Rapido Club is mainly for caravans and that motorhomes are not really encouraged as they are too big or words to that effect. Now that Rapido no longer makes caravans maybe this will all change. Do hope you will be pleased with your Rapido, we love ours. Good wishes. Empress

Yes, we were in the Rapido 'Club' for a short while when we first bought ours. It did not suit us, for a number of reasons, but there was a mixture of the various type of Motorhomes and Caravans plus 'fold-ups' which Rapido have made over the years. I think that the move will be to more motorhomes though, as they have not made caravans for some years now, although from memory, I think the club did contains members who had previously owned Rapdio caravans but had since moved to other makes. I didn't get any impression that there was any 'anti-motorhome' attitude though. Guess the short answer is whether you want adn enjoy a club atmsophere, but if so, then don't be deterred by the fact of the ''Caravan in the title!

Archived