Hiring out motorhome.

skottle

Hi, Due to a change in circumstances I was thinking of selling my recently bought motorhome, (Will now only be able to use it a few weeks a year). Someone suggested to me today that I could rent it out. Has anybody out there had any experience of this, or used any of the companies that offer this service. I would be very grateful for any advice or opinions offered. Thanks in advance.

Personally speaking, we would not think about hiring out our van. It is our own personal space, and we cannot guarantee how other people will treat it. We have heard from an old acqaintance who started hiring out his motorhome, that he gave up after it came back damaged on more than one occasion.

Yup, I do this. Use both Motorholme and Hirebuddies. It's not easy to do properly and you do have to detatch yourself from your beloved van a bit to maintain your sanity. Both companies have systems in place to cover damages and if you are prepared to put a bit of effort in it is possible to make a bit of money. Certainly enough, this year, to cover all the running costs for the van and a bit extra to put towards your own trips. I now have my own website and would like to purchase another van in the New Year. If you're prepared for a bit of hard work and a bit of hassle then it can pay. Jimmy

Archived