Fresh Water Tank

Tony44935

Hi, I have a Ci Cipro 85, I have just got this vehicle and Draining Down. This water tank is strange, big

tank sitting under the seat. To Drain down, i have opened the drain down valve and emptied all

the water. I have checked inside the Tank all water gone but what seems strange to me is in the

middle of the tank there is a 45 degree angle of tank divideing the tank in half, in othere words

the othere side of the tank there is still 1" of water in the bottom that hasent drained away. To get

at that water in the othere side is only a ver small space, making it difficult to get at that water. This

is my first Motorhome so i might be missing somthing i should have done ? or is there another valve

i should have opened, i dont know. On reading this sight, there seems to be quite a few members

who have Cipro's, so if you can help, would appreciate. Also,

Welcome to the forum Tony,

Don't know about your van specifically but if there is no outlet in that part of the tank an alternative is to pump or syphon the dregs out.

That said 1" of water in a tank probably will do no harm as long as no pipework is connected to it as it is water freezing in a confined area like a pipe, a pump, a tap - or a water heater - that does the damage, so best to leave all your taps half open and briefly run the pump on empty to clear the water and allow air in.

Don't forget the loo tank either and when empty I usually run the flush pump for a few secs to disperse any water laying within the pump.

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of the motorhomer!

Archived