Swift Kontiki 669/679

off road moto

Hi all. New here but not new to motorhomes/caravans. We have just sold our Bailey Unicorn and are going to buy a Swift Kontiki. Either 669 or 679, not decided yet!! One question I have is the heating system in these. I notice the new ones have Alde 'wet' central heating. Our caravan had this and it was awesome!! However we are going to be looking at models from 2008-2010 roughly, and was wondering what heating system these will have? also when any changes were made etc? I may have missed something that would be a good reason to stretch to a slightly newer one, or avoid a older model etc??? And any reviews from owners of these would be good to hear.

Kind regards.

almost certainly a Combi 6E....you may find the electric setting at 900/1800 w a bit weedy in a large van like this (the electric power is the same in Combi 4 and Combi 6) however, running off gas or gas/electric 'mixed' mode should do you fine...

get the dealer to turn on the gas and fire it up.....ypull soon see if ypu like it o not.

ALDE heating came ina bit later, but couldnt say when exactly.....might be as close as 2011/12 inwhich case ypu might lookat some of these...

Alde was introduced on the 2013 MY. If you go onto the Swift Group website. old brochures and specs can be downloaded from the archives section.

2008 models had the Truma C6002EH but Swift opted for the Combi 6E in around 2010 (I think).

We came from a 2013 Lunar Delta Ti with Alde to a 2008 Kontiki 669 with Truma blown air. It's one of the compromises we've had to make buy by all accounts. the Alde still doesn't overcome the cold cab area unless you add extra convectors/blowers.

George Collings - 2015-11-14 9:20 AM

So these 'vans were that good he changed them average every 15 months.

All bought new ......

First 669 highline was changed for a 679 low line because of the bed arrangement.

679 low line then changed for 679 highline to sleep more friends/relatives.

679 highline then changed for another 679 highline but this time with Alde heating.

679 highline with Alde then sold as owner was buying a new house and needed to release money.

House then sorted out and missed having a Kontiki so bought a 679 Black highline in mid 2015.

All the 'vans also tended to have 10-15k miles on the clock but all were damp free and like new when sold.

Archived