satnav agai

capstan55

Can I hang on a request for info also, regarding Snooper

can anyone explain in words of simplicity, how does one set up a multy route STARTING WITH COORDINATE INPUTS. I have been fighting it all day and am totally frustrated..

apologies to original thread poster for apparent hijack, but cant help with original problem.

is it something to do with computers and us long in the tooth brigade?

Tonyg3nwl.

• 2 weeks later...
I was going to purchase the TomTom caravan and camper satnav as I have always had TomTom and I purchased the Falcon Satnav at the Malvern show in 2011. I bought it because it was about £100 cheaper than the TomTom and the lady who demonstrated it seemed very clued up on the Falcon. I purchased it and when I got back to the van and opened it there were no instructions, manuals etc. I went back the following day and asked her about this and she told me you have to download the manual from the Falcon website. I did this and when I used the Falcon it was so difficult to understand. I gave up on the Falcon in disgust and bought a TomTom camper and caravan satnav. So easy to use and everything you need to know in the box. put the Falcon on Ebay and sold for a considerable loss. I have since bought another van, Bessacarr E562 and I bought the BlueandMe TomTom satnav and a doddle to use. I would not go near a Falcon after my experience with it. Hope this helps in your decision to purchase a Satnav.

I really can't understand people who buy the cheapest thing they can find to 'save money' then do nothing but complain that it isn't the same as the dearer ones they rejected.

As for sat navs not coming with instructions, I can't remember the last time I had to read instructions to put in a postcode or other co-ordinates. Perhaps I'm more practical at working things out for myself.

There's nothing wrong with the cheaper sat navs, why pay hundreds of pounds when a £50 will do the same and much more, there are only a few different mapping software programmes available so the chances are your 'cheap' unit will be running the same maps and software as one costing three times the price, and do you really think that TomTom have a factory producing components for their units? or would it be more likely they are sourced from the same company making them for anyone with an account.

Embrace technology and be thankful the Chinese have stepped in to take away the monopoly TomTom, Garmin and a few others have enjoyed for far too long with inflated prices.

Archived