2013 Fiat Ducato 3ltr -price of oil and filter service

dicksob

Chaps, looking for a bit of advice please as I'm sure I overpaid for my first full service! Gave van full service in January this year, after 16 months, 10k. Going to give it an oil and filter change in January, now at 18k. Can anyone advise what price should be at a Professional Fiat dealer please, nearest to me is A M Philip at Broxburn near Edinburgh. Van will be 28mths old. Thanks in advance for advice.

Bill

dicksob - 2015-11-22 5:04 PM

Chaps, looking for a bit of advice please as I'm sure I overpaid for my first full service! Gave van full service in January this year, after 16 months, 10k. Going to give it an oil and filter change in January, now at 18k. Can anyone advise what price should be at a Professional Fiat dealer please, nearest to me is A M Philip at Broxburn near Edinburgh. Van will be 28mths old. Thanks in advance for advice.

Bill

My main Fiat dealer calls an oil change an interim service and I recall paying around £275 for what was effectively an oil and filter change. My next port of call was a local independent who charged me around £120 for Texaco synthetic but I later discovered after rattling noises that the garage thought my 3litre was a 2.3 so was underfilled with oil.

If you decide to use an independent don't forget to tell them that you have a 3 litre.

Fiat Professional work on fixed price menus for most servicing. Make sure the Fiat dealer knows it is a motorhome and properly advises you on what needs doing. My Fiat Professional dealer does several motorhomes a week and can tailor the service to suit my use of the vehicle.

In February this year, I paid £266 for the first low mileage service including VAT and two hours labour. The labour included a few minor things they did for me which would have taken them 'minutes'.

Mike88 - 2015-11-22 6:55 PM

dicksob - 2015-11-22 5:04 PM

Bill

My main Fiat dealer calls an oil change an interim service and I recall paying around £275 for what was effectively an oil and filter change. My next port of call was a local independent who charged me around £120 for Texaco synthetic but I later discovered after rattling noises that the garage thought my 3litre was a 2.3 so was underfilled with oil.

If you decide to use an independent don't forget to tell them that you have a 3 litre.

I'm surprised your engine was under filled with oil. Surely your engine has got a dip-stick.

After looking at a receipt my 3ltr Oil Filter cost £7.99 Trade from Blackburn Motor Park which is a Fiat main agent. They offered to do an MOT and service for £179.00 which I thought was reasonable but it was obvious that they were making money on the oil and filter. It pays to shop around.

My advice is make sure you ask what type and make of oil they are going to use before you book it in. You will be surprised what answers you get back. Make sure it is an oil approved by Fiat for your engine, just because it is a Fiat garage do not assume they use the correct Fiat spec oil (which I found out recently on a trip to my local Fiat Professional Garage). Smaller garages are even worse and they normally just point to a big drum in the corner of the garage! Same comments applies to oil filters.

I am having an Oil and Filter change done by the supplying Dealer (Tyne Valley Motorhomes). It will be somewhere between £179 and £210. The Lady was not certain of the price because mine is a 3 litre Nissan engine in a Renault Master. The £179 is for a 2.3 Ducato and £210 for the 3.0 Ducato because it needs 11 litres of Oil apparently.

Try a local Dealer if it is more convenient.

Archived