changing cab battery

keithlewis56.kl

Hi all, Burstner Elegance i821, changing cab battery, got a Varta silver being delivered tomorrow, is it just like changing car battery?, i.e. know negative first, replace last, access looks pretty good, had floor up number of times, bit of a weight 50 odd pounds I think, but apart from that I have two 100watt solar panels connected, just carry on? Have tool I use on car to insert in lighter socket to keep power to system, should I use? Any input be helpfull.

If you change the battery in sunlight and the habitation batteries are fully charged there should be enough power from the Solar Panel to keep the Cab electrics active without needing your Cigarette lighter gizmo. This of course assumes the Solar is installed as recommended by the manufacturer so also charging the Starter battery?

Just insulate the live lead as you remove it to make sure it does not earth out as it will obviously be 'live' from the Solar.

There are sometimes a couple of 'loose' fuses (as in not part of the Positive terminal assembly) located in the same compartment, just be careful not to snag/crush these as they are often the feeds to charge the habitation battery and power the Fridge when on Alternator.

Recheck the fuses after install?

Archived