Which inflatable driveaway awning?

michaelmorris

We've just finished our first year of motorhoming. Being an amateur astronomer, twice a year I attend 'star parties' (large gatherings of amateur astronomers) where I need an awning for running my imaging rig. We had bought a secondhand pole-based 3m x 3m driveaway similar to the Movelite awnings. Whilst it works quite well, it is very vulnerable to damage from high winds (we lost a pole due to wind damage).

It struck us that our best option might be a reasonably good quality inflatable awning. It would be easier to put up and should be more robust in hgh winds. We're currently considering the Vango Kela II or Idris models, but we're open to other options. Any ideas or experience with this size and type of driveway awning would be gratefully receieved.

Thanks

We bought a Vango Kela 11 last year. However, we have never actually driven away from it!!!! We tow a car, so don't need to move the MH.

The awning is ok, but, if I could buy a simple attached awning, that would suit me better.

The current Kela 11 has access doors on the tunnel and mine does not, so, We tend to squeeze in through the gap.

The awning is also noisey in even slight wind with the tunnel flapping about.

Take a look at the Vango Sapera Mk2 which I have recently purchased for £475 from leisureoutlet.com based in Nottingham. At the moment this represents a huge saving on the full list price but you should be aware that some of the Vango range has been dropped for 2016 which might explain the price.

Archived