Winter drain down Air conditioning unit

Harry666

Hi everyone,

I have an Eberspacher Ebercool Holiday 2 air cooler on the roof of my Rimor Superbrig. (Also known as a Viesa Holiday 2)

It has a water reservoir. I am worried about it freezing and causing damage to the unit.

Does anyone know if I should empty the reservoir for the winter, and if so how to do it. Or should I mix anti freeze with it ? or can it run on pure anti freeze ?

Many thanks

Harry

Harry, you can download the Viesa Holiday II user manual here: http://tinyurl.com/oqw46mj Scroll down the list of downloads. They are evaporative coolers, and the water vapour from the reservoir gets distributed into the motorhome with the cooled (but more humid) air. I would think that it must be drained, and also thoroughly sterilised before being used again. I would imagine there their is, or should be, some means of maintaining the water sterile in use, or it seems to me respiratory infections might result. Anyone else have one?

Hello Again Brian, what a helpful chap you are, many thanks.

I have the manual for the cooler and I have searched the inter web but nowhere can I find any frost warnings. So I guess it must be common sense just to try and suck all the water from the reservoir. It can get down to about minus 20 here in winter.

Best wishes

Harry

Archived