River Seine Ferries

starvin marvin

If all you want is to by-pass Rouen to the west, as opposed to taking a ferry ride, there is the Pont de Brotonne. It is on the D490 between Yvetot and La Mailleraye-sur-Seine. Approx GPS N42.5208 E.007474. It was toll, but this reportedly ceased in 2006.

Further west, both the Pont de Normandie, just east of Le Havre, and the Pont de Tancarville, just south Tancarville, are toll bridges.

Brian Kirby - 2015-12-15 12:19 PM

If all you want is to by-pass Rouen to the west, as opposed to taking a ferry ride, there is the Pont de Brotonne. It is on the D490 between Yvetot and La Mailleraye-sur-Seine. Approx GPS N42.5208 E.007474. It was toll, but this reportedly ceased in 2006.

Further west, both the Pont de Normandie, just east of Le Havre, and the Pont de Tancarville, just south Tancarville, are toll bridges.

Thanks Brian, I can certainly confirm that the bridge near Yvetot is toll free, I've used it several times since the toll booths were removed. I'm aware of the other two bridges, and have used Pont de Normandie once, this bridge was classified as a climb on a fairly recent past "Le Tour"

I just want to take a ferry ride for a change from the "same as" route around Rouen which I'm fed up with.

Hi,

We nearly always use the free Pont de Brotonne bridge when heading north.

We also stay at a pleasant CL type private aire Le Cerisiers south of there at Heurteauville on the Seine with a couple of free (?) ferries nearby and Jumieges abbey ruins on the opposite bank. There is also a popular aire at le Mailleraye sur Seine just to the north.

Steve

Archived