Increased tick over speed

Thewad

Yes, I did look at the tinned, braided copper. The only snag I can see Allan, is that the Ducato is galvanised under its paint, and you'll have the steel under that, all exposed to get a good connection, so the copper will still be prone to electrolytic erosion where it is terminated onto galvanised, or raw, steel. Finding an alternative, dry, location for the strap connections would be a good idea whatever type of cable is to be used.

Agreed, but it's not always easy to know which bolts on the top of the engine (out of the road spray) you can safely take out and which ones you can't. Or what Torque they need to be tightened up at.

If you are in the know it wouldn't be hard, but this solution is a major improvement on the original for anyone to adopt.

This cable will still get wet and will corrode that is why we say replace and clean the washers every few years. However, with a more open 'joint' that can dry out better, plus tinned Braids, corrosion shouldn't be an issue for several years.

At least you can see any corrosion that does take place, and clean it off successfully.

We have fitted the first Braided Earth Strap today and it works really well.

Use the link above to see pictures of a cable I made in 5 minutes, literally. The Braid parts with a just a Pen, allowing a bolt to be inserted through very easily.

We have been given a significant amount of this cable Braid, we don't know by who. We can only think it must be a Forum reader who works for a Cable company, but someone couriered a significant number of offcuts to us today.

Thank you whoever you are.

The note in the box said more was on the way. So if you are nearby anytime, pop in and get a strip for free.

Archived