Insurance quote link in OAL emails

Alibaba

I got my email on the 11the of December and as we were looking around I filled in all the details, which proved to be a waste of my time.

I got three phone calls from three companies, to which I replied that I would prefer it all to be done online so I can reference all the information and not have to remember anything, which is difficult due to all the jargon they insist on using.

Only one company bothered to quote at all, 2Gether insurance, but they chose to ignore the info I'd put in the online form so the quote was wrong to start with, they offered a good priced recovery too, but on asking three times via email all I got was it's our own, no more details than that.

So if anyone reads this can they tell me what was the point in my filling in the form, if I wanted to do it on the phone, I'd ring round, and why does OAL support people who's task it seems is to waste peoples time.

Kev

Cliffy - 2015-12-16 10:29 PM

I am confused.

What Email did you get?

What type of details did you give?

What is OAL?

Why didn't you use a comparison web site?

Hi Cliffy,

Email was a monthly one from OAL "out and about live" thought everyone knew that ;) ;)

I gave mileage, vehicle details, name and address etc, the usual stuff you put on a comparison website which is what it purported to be.

Trying ot attach a picture, but looks difficult

Alibaba - 2015-12-17 7:47 AM

Can't post picture, not a puter nerd so not going to mess about reducing to 100kb, stupid limit anyway.

Picture was screen grab of the email mentioned

Here's a link to it, assuming I'm allowed, as I see no icons like other sites.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnoiiu97l61ar0z/OAL%20email.png?dl=0

The photo attaching software isn't working at the moment - see separate thread.

( I've never had an e-mail either from OAL - are you sure it's from them ? )

;-)

Follow the link and you'll see it is, news@email.outandaboutlive.co.uk seems pretty conclusive.

I got yet another call today, this time from from Advance insurance, quote was too high by over £100, and they slagged of the other quote I mentioned and said as soon as I rant to confirm it, the quote would go up.

Archived