Merry Christmas- A newbies experience so far

Violet1956

First of all I must thank all of the members of the forum who have assisted me in my search for our first M/H on a limited budget and wish you a very peaceful and happy Christmas. Still haven't found what I am looking for and I doubt Bono could help. I now realise that looking for a motorhome is like searching for a new house, you always want what you can't afford, hey ho. My research has led me to believe that our perfect van would be a Laika, Pilote or a Rapido. I dream of pitching up in the Rhone Alpes in March, cosy in my fixed bed, skis waxed and and ready to go in a van that cost a mere £20K. Watch this space I may achieve it yet! :-D

Merry Christmas to you.

We thought about it and researched MHs for about two years then one day I said let's go and have a look at the real thing. Two days and three dealerships later we found our Van.

We made ten trips out this year and we are looking forward to next year, although we still have Xmas at our son's but will sleep in the van on our son's driveway.

Warning: the Motorhome was the big expense but even though we had some camping kit we still managed to find extra gear we needed to complete the package.

Still it's only money and you can't take it with you, so I keep getting told!

Archived