Peugeot Boxer fan running

Brian_K

While doing some work in the MH today I could hear what sounds like a fan running, coming from the centre consul area. The sound is similar to that of a computer CPU fan.

Strange thing is the noise only occurs when the keys are out of the ignition, put them in and light the dash board up, noise stops????

Turn the key off and remove them, after about a minute the noise starts again.

Could well be coming from under the bonnet, but it’s so wet at the moment inspection will have to wait.

Does anyone know what this might be, I can book it in the local Peugeot dealers but though I would ask the question to make sure I wasn’t doing something stupid.

2015 X290 Boxer.

Brian

No, definitely something to do with the electrical side, as I said switch the electrics on and it stops, switch them off and it starts the whirring noise again after about a minute.

I'm happy to book it in the dealers and have them look at it, just didn't want them to flick a switch, fix it and make me look like a muppet.

Brian

I am wondering if it might be something like a motorised EGR valve which is trying to close and sticking, or mass air flow valve in air intake for the engine.

Or even maybe something like a CD left in the player and it starts to run for some strange reason.

Archived