Puzzling brackets on 2009 Mondial

KT66

Hi all, this is my first post.

We have had a 2009 Swift Mondial RL for a year now and are really enjoying it. Can anyone tell us what the chrome "half egg shaped" bracket is on the back of the sink unit, which is exposed when the van side door is slid back ? I thought at first it might be for the Fiamma awning leg but it's in the wrong place and there is only the one.

Also, there is a horizontal aluminium extrusion about 18 inches long, mounted lower down on this panel below the gas locker door. This seems to allow the dining table to be clipped on. Great for al fresco dining, as long as you don't mind sitting on the ground with the table sloping upwards at the far end by about 6 inches !

There is no mention of either of these brackets in the handbook, so I concluded that they were a modification by the previous cackhanded owner. However I recenty saw some photos of a 2008 Mondial and lo and behold it has the same two brackets. Any clues folks ?

If the items are those shown in the below photo then they are standard - I wonder if the legs for the table are the wrong ones/have been changed and therefore cannot be made low enough for the support, however it may also be that there should be another smaller table with just 1 leg on that is meant to be used here - could the bracket therefore be something to do with supporting it in transit - I can't tell from the below photo what the 'egg' bracket is like.

main_U6945_Mondial_RL_09-9.JPG.3b81342de181c6edc01bed330a43ba97.JPG

Hi Don636

Not daft at all - I think you might have solved it ! It's too cold to go out and take the cover off to look at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the egg shaped bracket is indeed a crown cork remover.

Maybe after a few bottled beers I won't even notice the slope in the table any more....

Archived