gas installation for EU

Archiesgrandad

My apologies for bothering you but I know that there was a recent thread on the forum which included some information about gas installations for E U countries, but my ancient brain has yet to work out how to ask questions on search engines and I can't find it, could someone please help me out.

I'm getting a bit cocky about getting the certificates of conformity, the one for the Suzuki turned up today only 4 months and 2 days after sending the money, so I'm expecting that the Pilote one will arrive one day, and I thought I'd best make sure the van is up to scratch. I noticed that the gas regulator is one of those that sits on top of the bottle, and I think I recall that they won't accept that.

Many thanks

AGD

My understanding is that French regulations prohibit leisure-vehicles (caravans, motorhomes) from having a gas system that uses an ‘on-bottle’ regulator. Basically, the regulator needs to be bulkhead-mounted, with a high-pressure flexible ‘pigtail’ connecting the gas-bottle to the regulator.

What I’m unsure of is whether such regulations apply just to all new leisure-vehicles retailed in France, or just to new leisure-vehicles built and retailed in France, or whether they will apply in your case.

Your best bet would be to contact the contrôle technique that will be checking your motorhome over as part of the French registration procedure and ask them. I’m guessing you’ll need to have your Pilote’s gas system modified to the French norm, but there’s no point having this done on my guesswork if the change isn’t needed.

Archived