Snooper Sat Nav update

bristol170kj

Yesterday, I attempted to update my Snooper Sat Nav with the latest maps. Having run into an error message whilst running the update I have had several e-mail conversations with their support department.

It transpires that the update is now too big for the 4Gb card supplied originally about 5 years ago. I must buy a larger card, but apparently I have to buy it from Snooper as it needs to be "licenced" otherwise it will not work.

Before I go down the road of calling their sales office, has anyone else run into this issue? Was there anyway around buying from them? I must admit I haven't called them find the cost yet and I don't have a spare card greater than 4Gb to try out.

Any help. appreciated.

Keith

Hi and welcome to the forum

I am not a Snooper nav user, but a SD card of 8GB is around the £5 - £8 mark. May be worth while just trying this solution 1st, to see if it does work, if not then you could always put the card / micro card into your phone or digital camera, so it would not be a total waste of £5.

Sorry i can't be of further help than this.

I too had the "undersized" SD card on my S6000 Snooper when I tried to update it in December.

I paid the £9.99 and the new 8GB SD card (absolutely nothing else) arrived in a jiffy bag by first class post.

Put it in the Snooper and hey presto it worked perfectly.

Was also able to download more POIs than previous as there is a lot of space on the new card.

We are now in Zaragoza, Spain and can report that the mapping and POIs are all working perfectly.

Hope this helps to reassure you to spend the cash.

Note that the 2016 map updates don't normally get posted until well into March.

Matrix Meanderer - 2016-01-08 5:33 PM

I too had the "undersized" SD card on my S6000 Snooper when I tried to update it in December.

I paid the £9.99 and the new 8GB SD card (absolutely nothing else) arrived in a jiffy bag by first class post.

Was also able to download more POIs than previous as there is a lot of space on the new card.

We are now in Zaragoza, Spain and can report that the mapping and POIs are all working perfectly.

Thanks,

Would that be the municipal site? We were there last year on the way back home. Hope the weather is better than the UK.

Hello,

I too have an approx. 5 year old Snooper and also ran into this problem.   Whilst trying to update the maps I had to reformat the SD card to do so.   After this, the unit responded so slowly that it was a danger to use, so I phoned (as opposed to email as they are slow to answer) the technical department and was told it needed a firmware update and needed returning.   Along with the unit, I sent a letter quoting the Sale of Goods Act with reference to their advert, which says 'free updates for life'.   If one has to purchase another SD card to get the updates, then they are not free.   The unit was returned, and now responds quickly but many of the POIs were not on it due to the small SD card.   If, like me, you don't need ALL the POIs, then remove what you don't want to free up space for the ones you do want.   If I get more grief when I download new maps, I shall expect to be sent a larger SD card FOC.

bristol170kj - 2016-01-09 7:46 AM

Matrix Meanderer - 2016-01-08 5:33 PM

Thanks,

Would that be the municipal site? We were there last year on the way back home. Hope the weather is better than the UK.

We'll be there on 24th if anyone else id

M&J

Archived