What's important for your campsite facility?

BrianBW

Assuming the 'sensible' aspect is already in place.....good surface...no getting stuck or parking in a quagmire....then:

If it is a 'transit'...a one night and move on site then the basics would be nice......water, waste(black and grey) dump, rubbish bins.  However we have 'New Forested' occasionally for a few days where there are just these basics. Without a black waste facility one would be pressed to stay any longer than a couple of days at most anywhere. 

If stopping for a few days then ideally toilet, shower, aforementioned black/grey dump, electrickery......and most importantly a nice view from the 'patio' (under awning seating area  :-)  ) for when one is partaking of the obligatory 6pm gin and tonic.

Of course one would like to assume the social courtesies go without saying..... courteous behaviour, little darlings not running riot around every unit but their own and pooch owners realising that the rules about 4 legged woof monsters being on leads and under control do actually apply to them.

So in essence.... a sound surface to park on, water, waste disposal, elektrikery.....and a bit of peace and quiet.

lennyhb - 2016-01-09 6:01 PM

RogerC - 2016-01-09 5:52 PM

Without a black waste facility one would be pressed to stay any longer than a couple of days at most anywhere. 

Why? We can manage 8 days, we carry a spare waste cassette. :D

So you carry your spare s**t around in a cupboard, nice, but we are not all prepared to do that Lennie. Not sure about you but we travel fairly light so only have enough clothes for about a week, so every few days nice to pitch up and use the site washing machine. Then relax with the clothes on a line to dry while we go out about on our scooter safe in the knowledge they will still be there when we get back, another reason for using sites. I assume you take yours to the nearest river and bash them between a couple of rocks.

Campsite priorities: Spotlessly clean toilet and shower block. Onsite snack bar/restaurant. Fresh water fill. Grey water disposal and chem toilet point. Quiet location. Good wifi is a bonus.

Off site (Aire or parking place): Pleasing myself which i can easily do in all countries outside UK without being hassled by some jobsworth. Autobahn service area parking, some are top notch and not uncommon to find permanently fitted outdoor tables and benches. Stay as long as you like. Town Stellplatz i tend to go only for small town ones.

Can live 'off grid' for 10/12 days before needing to look for waste dump + fresh water fill.

747 - 2016-01-10 12:02 AM

Thanks for the reminder.

Another reason not to use CC Sites ....... washing lines everywhere, just like the back lanes of Coronation Street. :D

Members sitting on their step, knocking Segs into their boots. ;-)

Oh I dunno. Wilders and Aire users are just as bad. Just look at this yobo on an aire in the south of France taking over the place. Disgraceful! 8-)

1926791083_P1080140_Small2(Custom)(2).jpg.de6901255266f8b1f4d77cceaee887ea.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2016-01-10 10:42 AM

Thanks for the reminder.

Another reason not to use CC Sites ....... washing lines everywhere, just like the back lanes of Coronation Street. :D

Oh I dunno. Wilders and Aire users are just as bad. Just look at this yobo on an aire in the south of France taking over the place. Disgraceful! 8-)

I've seen that van before...........On its own ;-) ..............

I expect its not the clutter that puts other campers off....... but the terrible wailing sound that comes from the Yobo 8-) ..........

Thanks for the reminder.

Are there's a thing, you are not allowed to put washing lines out on CC sites, at least you could not a couple of years ago when I last used one,

re my earlier post, I had forgotten that one year all three campsites closest to our preferred area where closed so stayed in another site a mile or two down the road, didn't like it too much and ended up on their mailing list, just looked at the latest brochure which arrived yesterday. It seems we are all cheapskates! A 'Premium Ensuite' pitch for two adults out of season costs £50.35 per night, despite this being considerably cheaper than a holiday I'm trying to put together at the moment I think i'll give it a miss.

Archived