Cab blinds Ford Transit

ChrisH

I am awaiting delivery of a Chausson 610 on a Ford Transit and have just been informed by the dealer that a fitting that is part of the radio now obstructs the fitting of cab blinds. Chausson have said they will be supplying padded curtains instead.

Has anyone else heard this and have they been offered any alternative?

Chris

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Chris.

I’m not in a position to give you a definitive answer to your inquiry, but I’ll offer an educated guess about the potential problem.

This late-July 2015 forum thread discusses fitting Remis “REMIfront” cab blinds to Chausson motorhomes based on Ford Transit Mk 8 chassis.

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/REMIS-BLINDS/38969/

The Remis website includes a table (see attachment below) defining which REMIfront blinds are appropriate for various Transit models. You’ll see that - for Transit Mk 7 vehicles built from 2006-onwards - the front (ie. windscreen) blind is marketed in two different versions according to whether the vehicle is fitted “with sensors at interior mirror” or “without sensors”. However - for Transit Mk 8s (V363 models) built from 2014 onwards - there is just one windscreen-blind version and this is only suitable when the Transit is “without sensors”.

It’s possible that your dealer is correct that what is now preventing a windscreen blind being fitted is a radio-related part, but I think it more likely that it’s the rain-sensor’s bulky plastic housing that’s the culprit.

It’s apparent from the July-2015 forum thread that a REMIfront windsceen blind could be fitted to Transit Mk 8-based Chaussons then. But I think the rain-sensor was not standard for the Transit-cab specification Chausson was choosing then, whereas I suspect it now is. (It’s certainly the case that rain-sensing windscreen wipers are now included within the “Trend” specification of current Transit Mk 8s.)

If the Transit chassis now being supplied to Chausson by Ford all have a behind-mirror rain-sensor, and Remis do not offer a windscreen-blind version for Transit Mk 8s that have a behind-mirror rain-sensor, it’s difficult to see what Chausson can provide as an alternative other than what you’ve described (ie. padded curtains).

I suggest you explore this further as, if you’ve specified, and presumably paid for, (expensive) Remis blinds as part of your order and Chausson are proposing to provide (cheap) ’curtains’ instead, you’d need to discuss the financial implications. It also wants asking whether Chausson plans to provide REMIfront side-window blinds plus a windscreen ‘curtain', or no cab-blinds and just curtains. Essentially, you need to confirm from your Chausson dealer what sort of cab insulation/privacy equipment your new motorhome will come with and then decide whether that’s acceptable to you.

REMIfront-Ford.jpg.c008867c30bc2214240fc9dd69091291.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am awaiting delivery of a rollerteam 696 on a ford transit, but without rain senors, but a reversing camera attached to the rear view mirror and being told that the blinds are not available for this either?

But no-one seems to be able to confirm if this is correct or not.

Tim

Archived