The Isles of Scotland

Will H

As there's not a lot of travelling going on, why not view life on the Isles on TV. I use the BBC iplayer on a laptop. Scroll down to ALBA at the bottom of the TV listings.

During the day its for children. After 7pm there's a great variety of programmes to watch. A choice of live viewing on the day or free stored programmes from the previous 7 days, also with 7 days forward details laid out.

Eating Gannets, searching for a Bothy, restoring a Steam Puffer (3 sessions), music both traditional and modern, and many other historical features of the Isles and its people.

Will H - 2016-01-15 10:15 AM

As there's not a lot of travelling going on, why not view life on the Isles on TV. I use the BBC iplayer on a laptop. Scroll down to ALBA at the bottom of the TV listings.

I suppose it appeals to the Gaelic speakers or those fancying a go at learning the lingo. Not sure it would be much use anywhere but the most remote parts of a few Scottish islands though! :D

2 sisters from S Uist are cycling on mountain bikes from Vatersay to the Butt of Lewis. The third section is on at 8.30pm on Tuesday next on BBC Alba for those who can get it. It is apparently available on I player also. English sub titles for non natives. Stunning programme! Alba does this sort of programme very well.Well worth watching even if you are not a cyclist.

Archived