Pilote Galaxy RHD LH Body

Bobeye

I have recently looked at a Pilote Galaxy 40 A class which I am interested in. However the body seems to be continental as the habitation door is on the off-side and the passenger door is on the near-side. THe drivers side does not have a door. Would I be right in thinking that this is a conversion from left-hand drive to right-hand drive. Am I correct in my assumption and are there any considerations I should make for this. Any comments would be welcome

I think that the continental manufacturers do not 'hand' their conversions; they will usually be 'continental' layout even when supplied in RHD. If you consider the cost to do a 'British' layout especially for us it may put the price up a tad! There are some 'A' class convertions that have two 'cab' doors, but only a few I think. Harvey

I was informed by an "expert" on Pilotes that until just after 2001(thereabouts) Galaxy models were provided with Uk handed bodies. Certainly mine has habitation door on UK side and it is Rhd with a driver's door. Apparently (the story goes) Pilote then decided to produce only european based models, irregardless of whether it is Lhd or Rhd presumably for economic reasons. A call to Hayes Leisure in B'ham may also prove worthwhile.Hope this helps

Archived