Spainis motorway hotels!

bristol170kj

Firstly apologies this is not motorhome related.

I've driven the A23 dual carriageway between Zaragoza and Valencia a few times in the motorhome but later in the year I'll be there without the 'van.

I have noticed a few hotels along this stretch and need to stop a night in April between Valencia and Teruel.

Does anyone know the names or hotel chains that run these stops? I'm assuming they are like our Premier Inns.

Have tried searching the internet but drawn a blank.

Thanks

Keith

bristol170kj - 2016-01-18 9:46 AM

Firstly apologies this is not motorhome related.

I've driven the A23 dual carriageway between Zaragoza and Valencia a few times in the motorhome but later in the year I'll be there without the 'van.

I have noticed a few hotels along this stretch and need to stop a night in April between Valencia and Teruel.

Does anyone know the names or hotel chains that run these stops? I'm assuming they are like our Premier Inns.

Have tried searching the internet but drawn a blank.

Thanks

Keith

mmmm, not sure what brain and fingers wee thinking when I typed the Subject. It should have read . . .

Spanish Motorway hotels!

When I take the car abroad, I book a lot of my stopovers through booking.com if you hit any problems you can cancel the booking right up to the day before and not loose any money. I would not recommend the Formula 1 chain though. They look like they may have some sort of agreement with the government because there are loads of immigrants living in them. I canceled 2 of my stopovers last June. As already said, Ibis & Accord are usually very good budget hotels.

Dave

Keith, why not just turn up and book wherever you are, no rushing to make a deadline or being too early. We have hardly ever booked hotels, if we don't like what we see we move on to another, so simple and have never found them full.

Will

Will H - 2016-01-19 11:50 AM

Keith, why not just turn up and book wherever you are, no rushing to make a deadline or being too early. We have hardly ever booked hotels, if we don't like what we see we move on to another, so simple and have never found them full.

Will

That is exactly what we did as you don't exactly know where you will be at a particular time. As has been said if you don't like it move on, there are plenty out there and don't forget that the Spanish eat late and a lot of the restaurants don't start serving until 9pm, that was a mistake we made.

Will H - 2016-01-19 11:50 AM

Will

As long as it's out of holiday season Will, then fair comment.

Dave

Mike B. - 2016-01-19 4:59 PM

Whereabouts do you want to stop-nearer to Teruel or Valencia? I am going past there on Monday, I'll have a look for you if you want

Mike

Thanks, we are flying out to Valencia and arrive late in the afternoon. We need to be in Teruel early the following day, hence my looking at booking a hotel on the way between the two. So I was thinkng around half way if there is a road side hotel.

Thanks again.

Regards

Keith

bristol170kj - 2016-01-19 8:03 PM

Whereabouts do you want to stop-nearer to Teruel or Valencia? I am going past there on Monday, I'll have a look for you if you want

Mike

Thanks, we are flying out to Valencia and arrive late in the afternoon. We need to be in Teruel early the following day, hence my looking at booking a hotel on the way between the two. So I was thinkng around half way if there is a road side hotel.

Ok-I'll have a look and if I see one that looks ok I'll post on here Tuesday. Will only be able to get name etc as wife will write it down as we pass but will do our best

Mike

Thanks again.

Regards

Keith

Mike B. - 2016-01-20 2:36 PM

bristol170kj - 2016-01-19 8:03 PM

Mike

Ok-I'll have a look and if I see one that looks ok I'll post on here Tuesday. Will only be able to get name etc as wife will write it down as we pass but will do our best

Mike

Thanks again.

Regards

Keith

Hi Keith

had a look for you and roadside hotels were a bit scarce in the area you wanted. However there was one just off J22 of the A23 motorway which is about 50kilometers north of Valencia. Near Barracas-roughly halfway between Vaencia & Teruel

Hope this helps

Mike

Archived