Child up Front

Dadswell

Child up Front  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regarding vans with two side rear seats. I know that the new laws allow you to carry passengers in the rear if the van pre-dates the introduction of the new legislation. Furthermore I accept all the reasons why doing so is not recommended, together with the unsuitability of lap restraints etc.. However my question is this. If you are carrying a 6 year old child as a passenger, surely the safest seat would be the belted passenger seat and if so is this legal? Would you require a child seat, which would elevate them, I feel, too high up in the front of a Mercedes cab? I have checked with my insurerers and all passengers in the rear would definitely be covered, as would incidently, a child in the front seat , but would it be legal when logically it would be the safest seat?

I alway's thought that children in the front seat had to be 12 and above ? I know you are allowed to carry an infant facing backwards in the appropriate seating carry chair. Now they have to be in seat or booster until 13 . Or the approprate weight to go on an adult belt . I will have to check with hubby but I am sure it's 13 but, may be wrong. 8-)

Archived