Bulb fields Holland

hallii

Depends on your timing?

The Keukenhof Gardens near Lisse are well worth a visit if flowers be your thing and they have a nice helpful website.

You can't park there overnight but just down the road there is a very long and almost level canal side parking area that is a 'tolerated' overnight zone and is both pleasant and quiet - and free!

This thread from last year might help -

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/HOLLAND/38185/#M461928

PS

Did you hear about the bloke who ate a daffodil bulb thinking it was an onion - he's been very ill and dormant but he will be up in the spring!

Hi,

We stayed at Camping le Parage near Noordwjikhout in 2012 at the weekend of the fantastic BloemenCorso Bollenstreek (flower parade) which this year is 20th to 24th April.

Acsi listed but no discount that weekend and may be fully booked by now.

We spotted some motorhomes parked up by a sports centre at Sassenheim along the Saturday procession route. 
here is a link

Keukenhof is quite near and there are plenty of fields full of flowers nearby.

Steve 

hallii - 2016-01-21 3:08 PM

My co-pilot has informed me that we will visit the bulb fields in Holland on the way back to the tunnel from warmer climes south.

Any suggestions for a suitable Aire or campsite for a couple of days would be welcome.

H

As has been said by Tracker. Depends on time of year. With the mild weather , I would think that the bulbs will be earlier this year, as Daffs are already out in some areas.

I went many years ago (1951) and it was beautiful, and we saw the carnival of floats, made from flower heads. I bet it is even better these days. Early April would be about the right time, or maybe even earlier.

Worth doing a google look up, to get some idea of time

PJay

We stayed at Camping Diunpan in 2011 for the Flower Parade Weekend and the Parade came past the Campsite (or almost past or clsoe enough to walk to) on the evening with the floats all lit and again on the main parade day.

The parade was stunning both at night and on the main parade.

The campsite is just behind the sandhills for nice walks or cycling to the town and close enough to cycle to Kirkenhof as we did for the day along canals and fields cyccle paths.

The campsite was nice, tourers being spread out in 3s and 4s amongst the more permanent units but I remember showers and hot water was extra.

After about a week we moved on to Amsterdam for another few days there before returning home.

alan

thanks for the info on the site,i love this area from Noordwijk up the coast,i plan on five nights there then driving over to Oosterbeek /Arnhem for three nights,then I will visit some friends of mine who live about twenty miles away for three days before returning home.

Archived