Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox

Fonz1947

Hi I was travelling to Chatsworth on the 7th December 2015 when my gear box started to jump out of 5th gear followed with grating noise the vehicle was recovered to the local Fiat dealer who after road testing and checking advised that the gearbox should be replaced with an exchange gearbox the price for the box was £4300 plus labour and new clutch unit .After waiting until gearbox was available when road testing after approx 10 miles the gearbox warning light came on this was traced to the brake light switch which was located and fitted on the 20th January 2016 after road testing the warning light came on .The dealer is now looking at the wiring to see what might have caused two brake lights switch to blow any help or advice please the vehicle was registered in 2008 which we purchased in 2014 and the bill is sitting at £6000 pounds to date.

• 2 weeks later...
Fonz1947 - 2016-01-22 10:04 AM

Hi I was travelling to Chatsworth on the 7th December 2015 when my gear box started to jump out of 5th gear followed with grating noise the vehicle was recovered to the local Fiat dealer who after road testing and checking advised that the gearbox should be replaced with an exchange gearbox the price for the box was £4300 plus labour and new clutch unit .After waiting until gearbox was available when road testing after approx 10 miles the gearbox warning light came on this was traced to the brake light switch which was located and fitted on the 20th January 2016 after road testing the warning light came on .The dealer is now looking at the wiring to see what might have caused two brake lights switch to blow any help or advice please the vehicle was registered in 2008 which we purchased in 2014 and the bill is sitting at £6000 pounds to date.

Latest update I collected my Motohome yesterday with all faults rectified the final bill was £6000.00 including the wiring fault which was a earth problem as we had already thought was rectified just have to give it a long run to build up my confidence .thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Archived