Motorhome as an annexe?

Violet1956

Violet1956 - 2016-01-22 3:53 PM

The OH has decided that the new MH (well new to us) is going to be one step up from a " man shed" and has decided to go out an relax in it with the newspaper and the radio on in splendid isolation. Is this the kind of behaviour indulged in by others I wonder?

Have you got radio 1 on all day indoors ?

:-|

No Malc I sit slaving away at my computer earning my crust in silence. I totally understand why OH needs to get away. The dog is sitting there with him in the van as he investigates a few more of the controls. They love each other so much it is obviously going to become part of their special time together. I see Tracker (who has helped me on many occasions with his advice) has admitted to adopting this habit. No doubt he and my OH would get on well together. (lol)

Play him at his own game, buy another then you can both live happily ever after.

Of course every one should have a shed, and his / yours just happens to be on 4 wheels.

PS I have 2 sheds, a greenhouse, a garage and a workshop, 2 with heating, No need to consider the camper.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the beauty of a fixed bed van, a quick look around to make sure no ones looking, jump in the van lock the doors and have a kip, wake up look out to make sure the coasts clear and out again, nobodies the wiser as to where you've been. ;-)

p.s. the other thing we've been known to do is sleep in van on the drive when arriving back home on a cold winters night.

Yes, but make sure he doesn't sleep in it overnight otherwise the Council get nosey. You can sleep in a motorhome on your property providing you use the main residence for your domestic needs such as toilet and food.

And no alcohol if he's in possession of the keys.

Violet1956 - 2016-02-04 6:27 PM

We still haven't taken it out for a spin doh! I occasionally open the door in throngs of expectation that it will be more than comfy substitute for a man shed one day soon.(

Come on Violet - set to it!

These vans NEED to be driven to keep all the oily bits working well and the batteries happy and as today was a gloriously sunny, if chilly, day I gave the old girl (the van not the wife, although as brewer upperer in chief she needed to be there) a run out into the country, stopped for a quick brew up and then wandered homewards again - next time the sun shines take it out and show the world what you've got - the van I mean!

Archived