RM4400 Fridge won't ignite on Gas

Gregors

Hi all

I have the above fridge which for some reason has stopped working when I try to fire it up using the gas

Both 12 &240v work. However the igniter switch doesn't do anything. It is failing to light up or even sound the clicking noise you get when the gas is trying to ignite

I was replaced the igniter box however this has made no difference. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Chris

I had a similar problem with a Dometic fridge.

The igniter supplies the spark to the burner unit but relies on a return earth feed to make it work. I found some corrosion on the bracket supporting the burner unit which incorporates the earth return feed. Once this had been cleaned up, the igniter worked again.

In my particular case, there is a plastic bowl which collects condensate from the fridge. The bowl rests on a hot pipe which is supposed to evaporate the condensate. Obviously this was not functioning properly and the condensate was overflowing onto the burner unit and causing the corrosion.

My next job is to bypass the collection bowl and divert the condensate pipe to the outside, beneath the van.

Archived