Planning 2016 Early Tour Sweden

alan

We're contemplating a tour around the Netherlands and Sweden, early planning stages as yet. We thought travelling to Stockholm and perhaps a tour around the lakes there but probably spending no more than 10 days in Sweden. Although we've travelled extensively on the continent, we have as yet not touched the northern countries and are a little concerned about the costs. Any experiences and suggestions would be gratefully received.

Alan

Hi Alan,

I think 10 days might be cutting it a bit tight to go up as far as Stockholm and see all this fine country has to offer. We went to Sweden in 2010 by going through Denmark and crossed Sweden to the age old island of Oland on the east coast. The three weeks we had in Scandinavia was hardly long enough. Campsites were numerous and not too dear. A different culture from the usual trips to France etc. Loads of helpful info from the Swedish Tourist board who will post details. General costs were dearer but not excessive , similar to Switzerland.

Enjoy

George

Hi George

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear - the total trip would be about 7weeks with approximately 10 days in Sweden (perhaps more!). As suggested, I'll contact the tourist board.

Thanks again, Alan

Archived