Fiat Ducato 20001 2.8 JTI Clutch

Gregors

Hi All,

I have a Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTI 2001 motor home.

The clutch was replaced around 10k miles ago and has started to slip in 4th and 5th.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment on this clutch or do I need a new one.

The reverse gear is down and right under 5th, if that helps.

Many Thanks

Chris

I believe the clutch of a 2001 Ducato 2.8 will be cable operated.

Adjusting the cable-length is possible, but this will only affect the position of the clutch pedal.

A small amount of ‘free-play’ should be present after the cable has been appropriately adjusted. But if there’s already free-play, further adjustment should have no influence on your clutch slip problem.

Gregors,

If its any consolation, perhaps you are lucky with having a cable operated clutch!

On my early 2006 2.8 JTD, current mileage only 22,000, I have noticed a small weep of what I can only assume is hydraulic fluid on the underside of the clutch master cylinder. Not dripping off yet, but I am concerned about it getting worse.

Local garage has estimated £192 for replacing the master cylinder.

Gregors,

If its any consolation, perhaps you are lucky with having a cable operated clutch!

On my early 2006 2.8 JTD, current mileage only 22,000, I have noticed a small weep of what I can only assume is hydraulic fluid on the underside of the clutch master cylinder. Not dripping off yet, but I am concerned about it getting worse.

Local garage has estimated £192 for replacing the master cylinder.

YOU can’t, but the forum Moderator could.

If you realise you have multiple-posted (or need to make changes to a posting) you have a window of opportunity (30 minutes?) to do something about it via the EDIT feature.

For multiple postings probably the simplest thing to do is to completely delete the text of all the postings except the first, but I suggest you replace the deleted text with something explaining what you’ve done (eg. “Multiple posting - text deleted”) as ‘empty’ postings are irresistable to the forum’s comedians.

Archived