No power

Jonboymentalhealth

Hi guys

I have a swift escape with 100w solar panel connected to a eps solar Pv ls2024b, I keep it in storage yard and popped in Tuesday all seemed as normal, charging light flashing.

I went down to day went to unlock cab door and fob didn't work. Thought it was just the battery so opened door manually, cab battery completely flat, leisure battery completely flat. Checked the inline fuse in between panel and battery and thought bingo the fuse had popped. I replaced this then expected to see the charging light flashing but nothing, it was still light but the sun was very low in sky but expected to see something.

Any ideas am i missing something?

Thanks

Hi All,

I have just gone through the same issues with Solar panels, fuses blowing and flat batteries. My issue actually turned out to be the starter battery not fully charge and on its way out.

Basically the current was being drawn back from the domestic to the starter battery to compensate and in turn blowing fuses and causing havoc with the solar panel e.t.c

I would put your battery on charge using a proper charger or test it to make sure it doesnt have any issues there. Hope it helps

Chris

Jonboymentalhealth - 2016-01-30 8:24 PM

I replaced this then expected to see the charging light flashing but nothing, it was still light but the sun was very low in sky but expected to see something.

Any ideas am i missing something?

Thanks

On our EPS regulator the charging light does not flash, it stays on. The only times the light flashes is in the evening and first thing in the morning as the light level reaches the tipping point between charge / no charge.

Archived