Problems with leak in Rapido

Lizzie

We have had problems with our van and the Truma heating since we bought it in November and this weekend was our time to test it out after it had been fixed by dealer. However, we now seem to have some kind of leak either from the water tank or from a pipe and the dinette floor is sopping wet. We could not see any water under van (although it was difficult to be entirely sure as it was such a wet morning) We are worried the water is now between the floors - is this possible? We will speak to dealer again tomorrow but tearing our hair out and now worried about the van getting damp!

Does anyone have experience of leaks and not knowing where the water has gone? How will we manage to dry it out in the winter when it lives in storage? How long will it take to dry it out if we get a pitch at the storage facility and just keep an oil-less heater on (Truma still only working intermittently!). Any advice much appreciated.

If the Fresh water tank is under the bench seat in the dinette, I would suspect that is were the problem is, This problem was brought to light on another Forum, there is a angle iron bracket which is part of the Seat belt retainer and also acts as a stop to hold the tank in place, that chaffs  the middle of the bottom front part of the tank, It is difficult to get at as you need to take the front surround off that seat, (a long Philips screw driver is needed ) and a lot of patience,I took the surround of ours when I first heard of the problem and Put a thick rubber mat between the tank and the Bracket , Luckily it had on made a mark in the tank and no leaks, once you have the seat surround off you will see or feel the problem, there are plastic welders around .  Good luck.

I am not sure our problem is the same. The dealer was fixing the outside shower for us amongst the other problems that had arisen and I wonder if some kind of connection has not been made or disturbed??. Time will tell. My worry is where is the water now? Does it go under the raised floor under the table? We are still under warranty and hope it can all be sorted out. But once the source of the leak is found, how long will it take for everything to dry out?

Lizzie

I might be useful if you provided details (model and year of manufacture) of your Rapido motorhome.

In this earlier thread

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Rapido-7086F-Le-Randonneur-Fiat-2-8L-3850kg/39465/

you inquired about a Rapido 7086F (year of manufacture not specified) and mentioned being interested in a 2004 Rapido 741F, but you've never said whether you ended up buying either of those vehicles.

As your dealer did some work on the outside-shower, it’s quite possible that this has resulted in the present water leakage. Conversely, the cause of the leakage may be completely unrelated to that work and might lie with the water tank (as has been suggested above) or might involve a split water-hose or a leaking hose-connector, or might be due to something else entirely. But at the moment you are just blind-guessing.

You need to return your Rapido to the dealer to have the leak attended to. That’s the first priority and the most important.

At this stage there’s little point in worrying about where the leaked water has gone (water will go wherever it can) or how long water that might have found its way under a raised floor-section would take to dry out. Only you know the extent of the leakage and the likelihood of the water seeping under the raised floor.

The leakage problem needs fixing under warranty as soon as practicable and your dealer will be in the best position to advise you on how the motorhome can best be dried out.

Archived