Television Set up for Numpties

Willy Wonka

We have a Cello TV hidden away in a very nice locker and the TV pulls out on a black metal bracket.

In the locker with the TV and bracket is a rocker switch (power?) and a thin single yellow cable about 2 foot long.

We have had the MH over two years now and have never watched the TV.

Why, you may ask?

Because the TV isn't attached to anything.

But shortly we are likely to have to live in the MH for the next few months while we do building work on the house and my better half has requested we get the thing working a.s.a.p.

That's where you helpful people come in.

What do I need to set up a working system as cheaply as possible for UK use only?

I don't want holes putting in the roof or anything elaborate but just something to get HWMBO able to watch Corrie, Casualty, Doctors, Father Brown and other rubbish programmes like that.

Any helpful thoughts and ideas would be appreciated.

To work a TV only needs two connections, a power supply and an aerial.

If you are not able to make it work and you have an aerial on the roof may I respectfully suggest that you seek the help of a caravan or motor home fitter or an auto electrician who should have the skills, the neccessary materials and the experience needed to connect it all up and make it work, or you could simply get a long length of coax and run an extension aerial lead out from the house.

If the Cello TV is one of the Traveller range it will have built in Freeview & FTA sat receivers so you just need to connect to an aerial or sat dish.

Is there an aerial or sat dish on the roof, possibly an aerial that the lead you found goes, you need to find what that lead is connected to.

As Tracker suggests, use the existing aerial you have on the house and extend the coax cable to the van.

You can purchase a short length of FLAT coax to feed it through a window in the van.

My Cello TV is able to work directly off 12v or from 240v if you have the 240v to 12v cable which incorporates a step-down transformer.

Hi, pop along to your nearest camping shop and get a portable small aerial and lead and caravan type pole, add a couple of bungies. Lash the whole thing up and run the cable in via a widow.

do a similar thing with a temporary mains feed from the house.

get the viewer settled, shut the door to deter intruders, then problem solved.

tonyg3nwl.

Archived