Breaking news.....Call me Dave wins pig in a poke from the EU......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Apparently the British public will be able to purchase said pig in June ;-) ........

In the interest of balance......other pigs ears are available (lol) .........

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have to wonder whether the all conquering Corbynator might have got us an even better deal and I wonder what the Tories would have made of what looks to me very much like a desperation sell out had they been in opposition?

I wonder what Mrs Thatcher would have made of it all?

pelmetman - 2016-02-03 8:25 AM

Apparently the British public will be able to purchase said pig in June ;-) ........

Well,it seems that there may well be a " brake " on immigration (sometimes )

- but WE won't be able to apply it.

Successful negotiations ???

You really couldn't make it up.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2016-02-03 9:29 AM

pelmetman - 2016-02-03 8:25 AM

Well,it seems that there may well be a " brake " on immigration (sometimes )

- but WE won't be able to apply it.

Successful negotiations ???

You really couldn't make it up.

;-)

Well as I understand it...........Billy No Mates Britain just has to find 14 allies (lol) (lol)..........

In my ever so 'umble' opinion I consider our political elite to be suffering from Grandiose delusions....

When a false belief involves a 'value judgment', it is only considered a delusion if it is so extreme that it cannot be, or never can be proven true. For example: a man claiming that he went to Brussels, carried out successful negotiations and materially changed the terms of the UK membership of the EU and flew back home to be received in triumphant glory. This would be considered a delusion.......ergo our 'Leader' appears to be suffering from said delusional disorder...

Furthermore given that there are three statements to be qualified in order to ascertain 'delusional' and they are:
  • certainty (held with absolute conviction)
  • incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
  • impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre or patently untrue)
Looking at the foregoing it really does appear to be the case that those claiming the negotiations to be a success are indeed delusional....suffering from the political disease of believing things to be true because one of their 'body politic' said it.

We're doomed I tell you.....Doomed.  

What I find annoying is the contempt that our current " leaders " have for the intelligence of the electorate.

Having extracted a few quid tax out of Google , George Osborne announces he has achieved a " major success " - and assumes we will all be taken in.

Having asked for very little in his European negotiations Cameron now appears to have got virtually nothing - and we are now supposed to believe it's another " major success "

Aren't there ANY leading political leaders in this country that we can take seriously any more ?

:-(

;-) ;-)

nowtelse2do - 2016-02-03 4:17 PM

We could take a chance on Nige malc.......you never know his lie's might be more convincing :-S

Dave

If politicians told lies I'm sure the media would soon let us know.

I think the truth is that the media misrepresent what politicians said in the first place - so, when it

' doesn't happen ' the public think they lied.

( A really good politician won't need to lie as he's adept at spinning the truth ).

;-)

Which reminds me -

While stitching a cut on the hand of a 75 year old farmer the doctor

struck up a conversation with the old man.

Eventually the topic got around to politicians and their role as our

leaders.

The old farmer said, " Well, as I see it, most politicians are 'Post

Tortoises'.''

Not being familiar with the term 'Post Tortoise' the doctor asked him

what a 'Post Tortoise' was.

The old farmer said, " When you're driving down a country road and you

come across a fence post with a tortoise balanced on top, that's a post

tortoise."

The old farmer saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued

to explain.

"You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there,

he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he's elevated beyond his

ability to function, and you just wonder what kind of idiot put him up

there in the first place."

teflon2 - 2016-02-03 8:27 PM

I thought everyone knew politicians never lie they are just economical with the truth.

(lol) B-)

They all get by in the same way.

They never answer a question with a yes or a no.

( that's if they answer the question at all )

;-)

We're there any politicians in the first fleet? I think the answer must be yes as we have some of your polys ancestors running our country.
Rich one more line for you farmers story;
They generally only leave the pole when pushed, at least that is the way it works here!
Cheers,

Our new Roll....

Cameron secures leftover sandwiches for UK

DAVID Cameron has negotiated a deal allowing Britain to keep any leftover sandwiches from EU meetings, he has announced.
Ministers attending EU discussions will now be allowed to collect uneaten sandwiches, crisps and items of fruit and take them home in a carrier bag for the British public to enjoy.
The prime miniser said: “Our total lack of progress on benefits and sovereignty is more than compensated for by our resounding success with sandwiches.
“Initially they were saying we could just have the tuna ones but I toughed it out and now we’ve got all the remaining flavours including prawns, which are the most expensive ingredient.
“I’ve vowed to keep fighting Britain’s corner in Brussels. Next time I’m going to demand we get a guaranteed share of mini satay chicken skewers, because those always get eaten first.
“Have a cheese and ham one before the pickle makes the bread go soggy.”

hi all,

Given that the leader of the Conservatives wants to remain in Europe 'seemingly whatever terms. and the Labour Party and S.N.P wish to stay in then no wonder the rest of the E.U don't want to rush in and make any concessions to us. I thought Cameron said he was open minded at the beginning of all this but either way he has put himself in a bad negotiating position by already starting to lead the 'stay in ' brigade.

cheers

derek

Geeco - 2016-02-04 2:08 AM

We're there any politicians in the first fleet? I think the answer must be yes as we have some of your polys ancestors running our country.

Rich one more line for you farmers story;
They generally only leave the pole when pushed, at least that is the way it works here!
Cheers,

Cheers gary, a worthwhile addition methinks!

And while on the subject have you noticed that when pushed the probability of landing on all feet increases with the height pushed from as does the inevitability of lucratively ambling off into the sunset as if nothing had happened!

I am glad that Oz too has it's share of PTs as it would be grossly unfair for the UK to have them all and we would not wish to discriminate against our Antipodean friends!

Can you give us an insight into the general Australian views on the UK in or out of the EU?

I wonder when Turkey joins the party and their well protected and secure border becomes the EU border with Syria, Iran and Iraq, will all those in favour still be quite so keen?

I also wonder how Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia as next in line geographically will react, folllowed by the predictably unpredictable actions of that well known Europhile Mr Putin to having so many friendly 'enemies' on his doorstep?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2016-02-06 5:07 PM

I caught a reference to this report on yesterday's radio, so downloaded a copy. It is brief and clear, and very illuminating. Have a look: http://tinyurl.com/j63bll4 Just scroll to the bottom of the page and download a .pdf to read at your leisure. Should help a few on here work out why they react to the EU as they do. :-)

So according to the report thick people are more likely to vote to leave 8-) .............

Blimey...... looks like a lot of people have suddenly become thick if the latest polls are to be believed :D .......

Numpties Rule OK B-) ..........

Tracker - 2016-02-06 5:34 PM

I wonder when Turkey joins the party and their well protected and secure border becomes the EU border with Syria, Iran and Iraq, will all those in favour still be quite so keen?...........................

But suppose Turkey (which reportedly already accommodates some 2 million refugees) decides to open its borders and allow the refugees in. Suppose it then grants all who want it Turkish citizenship. Suppose that it then successfully applies to join the EU. Would that somehow be different?

Surely, this is a refugee problem, not an EU problem? There are more people in transit than, with a few exceptions, certain countries within the EU want to accept. They, along with us, are playing "pass the parcel" with their international obligations as fast as they can. But, those obligations were originally agreed by the member states of the UN, not the EU. If you want to be able to prevent refugees from entering the UK, you need it to leave the UN, not the EU.

I agree that the EU is struggling with the numbers arriving, and with the very uneven response of its member states, but this illustrates the sheer scale of the problem and the very short relative timescale in which the problem has blown up. It also illustrates that within the EU, member states still retain the power to exclude mass migrants that they don't want to accommodate. I find myself in sympathy with both the refugees and those who, for generally understandable reasons, want to restrict the numbers they take in. We live in interesting times!

But, in the final analysis, this is a temporary phenomenon, that is limited in both time and scope. It will not be changed by our departure from, or remaining within, the EU. It therefore seems to me a very strange reason to cite as for wanting to leave. Those who want out have mostly held that view for long before the Syrian conflict, many from before the migrants from the new accession states began arriving after 2004.

They also always seem to overlook the fact that a little over half our total immigration is from outside the EU, and that in their case we have complete control over who we admit. Yet, we still admit them. Instead, they seem to obsess over those from within the EU, presumably on the assumption that, but for the Treaty of Maastricht etc, they would not have qualified for admission. I don't think the facts bear out this assumption. Quite the opposite, I think. Cheap, motivated, educated, labour will always have a ready appeal. Those who fine themselves in competition with them will always object. This also has little to do with the EU.

pelmetman - 2016-02-06 6:51 PM

I caught a reference to this report on yesterday's radio, so downloaded a copy. It is brief and clear, and very illuminating. Have a look: http://tinyurl.com/j63bll4 Just scroll to the bottom of the page and download a .pdf to read at your leisure. Should help a few on here work out why they react to the EU as they do. :-)

So according to the report thick people are more likely to vote to leave 8-) .............

Blimey...... looks like a lot of people have suddenly become thick if the latest polls are to be believed :D .......

No comment. Like a good reporter, I just follow the facts. :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2016-02-06 7:05 PM

pelmetman - 2016-02-06 6:51 PM

No comment. Like a good reporter, I just follow the facts. :-D

Considering some of those facts were garnered in 2001.........I reckon its safe to say that the report has been overtaken by events ;-) .......

Archived