mcb keeps tripping

louisekay

Hi have hokked up to mains at home today to cbarge lesiure battery, and the main MCB tripped reset it andeverything ok. Never done this before in the 18 months we have had it. Does say in the hand book to turn the MCB is off before connecting, have nèver done this with any problems before ( thought that may have just been a saftey reason.

Make sure everything including lights, fridge, sockets, tv etc are all off both at source and at the fuse box and if it still does it with no power getting past the rcd and fuse box try warming the inside of the van with a fan heater or dehumidifier as it might just be condensation confusing an over sensitive rcd.

on our previous Bolero we had a Sargent PSU and the MCB and RCD were vary obvious...

i realise that 'german electrics' can be managed a bit differently, but i cant see the RCD on our CBE power board....only MCBs.

anyone have a CBE unit and know where the RCD is...?

Carthago 2015 C tourer-I 148.

cheers....

bolero boy - 2016-02-07 4:37 PM

on our previous Bolero we had a Sargent PSU and the MCB and RCD were vary obvious...

i realise that 'german electrics' can be managed a bit differently, but i cant see the RCD on our CBE power board....only MCBs.

anyone have a CBE unit and know where the RCD is...?

Carthago 2015 C tourer-I 148.

cheers....

AFAIK cbe are Italian rather than German.

The RCD and a double pole RCB are mounted side by side in the 240V distribution board on our 2006 IH Tio R. The RCD is the one with the yellow "Test" push button.

bolero boy

CBE’s catalogue can be found here

http://issuu.com/antoniomazzucchelli/docs/catalogo_duk

Page 44 indicates that the company markets two 230V ‘consumer units’ - the DS120 with an RCD and the DS100 without an RCD.

An example of a DS120 is here

http://leisurelines.net/cbe-ds120-s-mains-consumer-unit-double-pole-13a-2040-p.asp

The DS100 looks similar, except there is no RCD push-button.

You may be able to specifically identify your Carthago’s CBE 230V consumer-unit if it has a CBE part number on it, but if there’s no RCD push-button, there’s no RCD.

Having said that, it’s worth adding that the RCD push-button on my 2015 Rapido’s CBE 230V consumer-unit is much smaller than the large yellow button of the DS120 unit shown in the link above. My Rapido’s RCD button is not instantly obvious, so if you are looking for a great big yellow button you might be missing a little tiny yellow one.

We used to have a Swift with the mains unit in the wardrobe immediately above the heater/boiler. It used to trip out regularly when the heating was used for any length of time, which I assume was because the breaker was more sensitive when warm. Putting insulation between the heater and the unit solved the problem.

Archived