Travel to Brugge Easter (March) 2016

DerTrish

Hi

We are very new to this and have just bought an auto trail dakota. We are planning our first foray into Europe at easter to Brugge. The reviews for campsite seem quite mixed and possibly out of date. Can anyone give me an update on campsite to stay near Brugge. Don't feel confident enough this first time to try an Aire.

Also we were thinking about going by eurotunnel as we have a little dog, but do I read correctly that we can't take our gas bottles or have i got that wrong?

Any advise for use green horns would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Trish

Went to Bruges twice last year and had a fantastic time.Stayed in the aire which is just a short walk into town. Why nervous of an aire? Gas bottles OK but they will get you to check with them that they are turned off.

Pm with email address and I will send you pictures of the aire.

Hi new user , We travel to Brugge really regular . Such a long story to explain re my children people on here who know us know that we get respite and living so close this is a dewstination of choice . Last weekend we actually for the second time ever stayed in the IBIS in Brugges .

This is our favorite Aire never ever ever had any probs here its really not what you think we love it . Never had any problems here ever . Think you may regret it if you dont try it . There are plenty of other motorhonmers about whilst you stay you are not alone but I have yet to hear a complaint about this place .

they actually have staff in the hut . Camping memling is futher on but your walk into town is quite far .

Try it you wont be sorry and if you search back using the search tool you will see pictures of it .

Camping Memling has had a significant amount of investment over the last few years. It did get mixed reviews in the pas, but we used it for the first time last year, and couldn't fault it. The facilities are new (and excellent), it is well looked after and quiet, and there are a good number of hardstanding pitches (albeit they may be slightly close together by UK standards).

It is a bit of a walk into Brugge, but flat and main road (we used parallel side streets after the first time to be a bit queiter).

I would have no hesitation recommending it, and it is easy to book online.

The aire in Bruges is more like a small very crowded campsite it is operated by barrier and is fenced all around, the cost of entry allows for electricity and water there is a dumping facility too ( operated by token?). As to the gas question you just have to prove that the cylinders are turned off at the bottles.

The aire in Bruges is more like a small very crowded campsite it is operated by barrier and is fenced all around, the cost of entry allows for electricity and water there is a dumping facility too ( operated by token?). As to the gas question you just have to prove that the cylinders are turned off at the bottles.

You might find the campsites and aire quite busy around the Easter period.

We've only stayed at the aire (about 60 places). Off season price is 15 Euro per night which goes up to 22.50 Euro from beginning of April to end of September.

The aire is close to the main railway station/bus station. The operator of the aire gave us a tip - flash your parking ticket at the guy in the kiosk at the bus station and you get a free bus ticket into town. But, he said, don't say you are parking at the camping aire (the free bus service is really only for car drivers who park at the rail/bus station car park).

Archived