15P08 - TRANSIT CAMPER - PCM CALIBRATION

scramblers

I believe that it is a recalibration of the injection system and is designed to lessen the risk of cracked and holed pistons.

Picture example here:

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/19/01/61/11/pictur10.jpg

This common damage has been attributed to poor injector spray pattern and the fix is to address this.

There is now a German forum dedicated solely to this topic:

http://transitmotorschaden.forumieren.com/

Like Steve says above.

It is important to get the software updated from time to time, this is done routinely when a service is carried out at a main dealer ( or should be >:-( ).

BT centre should know how to do it and have the right equipment.

Mine was done some time back, you will notice a very small drop in power ( and I mean small) but the engine, particularly the pistons, will be less stressed.

Oh for the days when a spanner and screwdriver was all that was needed to adjust the diesel pump!

H

hallii - 2016-02-09 1:59 PM

Like Steve says above.

It is important to get the software updated from time to time, this is done routinely when a service is carried out at a main dealer ( or should be >:-( ).

Mine was done some time back, you will notice a very small drop in power ( and I mean small) but the engine, particularly the pistons, will be less stressed.

Oh for the days when a spanner and screwdriver was all that was needed to adjust the diesel pump!

H

My local Ford main dealer referred me to their other depot 15 miles away and my van (Hymer Exsis) is too large for the service bays! So how does an independent garage receive information?

yeti - 2016-02-09 6:27 PM

hallii - 2016-02-09 1:59 PM

Like Steve says above.

H

My local Ford main dealer referred me to their other depot 15 miles away and my van (Hymer Exsis) is too large for the service bays! So how does an independent garage receive information?

Hi Stalwart,

That's why I always have my motorhome serviced by BT Fleet. They maintain, repair, MOT and service all makes, types and sizes of vehicle. There workshops can take any size of vehicle and receive all modification updates from all vehicle manufacturers. Most importantly they have proved to be far cheaper than dealerships.

http://www.btfleet.com

No, I do not work for them!

Archived