Having trouble trying to translate pdf from Italian to English

Fiat Ducato

Does anyone know anyway quick way of translating a full PDF document from Italian to English. I've been sent some documents by Nordelecttronica for my charger mod: NE13GT_CI and control panel TE17 on my 1997 Fiat Ducato Autoroller 2 but they only have them in Italian.

Any help would be surely appreciated.

Paul

See if you can highlight text in the .pdf. If you can, see if you can copy it. If you can do that, open (or download if necessary) Google Translate, and simply paste the copied text into that and ask it to detect the language and translate to English. It won't be perfect, but if you then copy the translation back into a Word document (or whatever word processor you use) you can tidy up the result into reasonable English. The main problem will be technical terminology that Google may not be able to translate. Even then, the context should allow you to indulge in a bit of canny guesswork.

You need to convert the pdf document to word, you can do this via free pdf converters but beware, a lot will only convert a couple of pages unless you buy the software, saying that pdf converter pro is only a couple of quid if you plan to use it a lot.

A few will convert unlimited and they do it online for you and you download it to your own documents. Then you can use a translation service. Google translate will recognise the original text after you copy and paste from your converted word document and display in whatever language you need.

Most pdf documents will not copy and paste due to the format as pdf is often used to protect documents from editing and copying.

I have to do this day in and day out so can assure you it works.

Archived