pre mot checks

tonyg3nwl

Decided earlier to give the van a quick checkover in advance of mot at end of the month.

wash bottle need refilling, brake and clutch fluid, coolant all seem up to correct levels.

lights check showed a problem,.. the offside side marker set of 3 , only 1 working, other 2 dead.

examination showed extensive corrosion inside the fittings, so set to to refurbish and restore themto full function.

succeed to clean up the first one , but the other one was beyond saving,, fully rusted out and totaly u.s.

I have carried out temporary bodge job by installing a different type of bulb by drilling out the original fitting

And glueing in a different bulb, then soldering the wires direct to the bulb.. at least it works, but when the bulb eventually fails again, it will not be an easy job.

can anyone suggest where I might find a complete replacement fitting for 2009 stargazer . I have tried locally without success. It is the amber one apparently originally by Wella, , measures 5 inces by 1.5 oval shape, fixing holes 4 inches apart, and is normally fitted with a wire ended 5 watt bulb.

thanks,

tonyg3nwl

Archived