Any idea what this cable is?

Petest

Pete

I note from your previous forum-postings that you’ve recently bought an “Elddis 100” motorhome.

Elddis has used the “100” number for at least 25 years, so a name (eg. Elddis “Autoquest” 100 or Elddis “Sunseeker” 100) and - equally important - the motorhome’s year of manufacture (eg. 2006 Elddis “Autoquest” 100) would be needed to accurately identify your motorhome.

It’s possible that the mysterious cable is loudspeaker-related and (as Ray advises) you may be able to test whether or not it’s live.

If the cable was fitted by a previous owner (I’m guessing from your earlier postings that your Elddis is not brand-new) you may be able to trace where the cable leads to.

If the cable was installed by Elddis when the motorhome was built and you provide details of its year and model, a forum-member who has owned a similar vehicle may know what the cable’s purpose is.

Very common issue. with many used vans and over the years if I can't trace what each end does or does not do I have learned to simply tape up the ends so it cannot short circuit, tuck it neatly out of sight but still getatable if you need to, and forget it!

If it later transpires it does or should do something all will be fine - and if not, it matters not!

Sorry. I had tried to post a picture but it's to large.

The van is says sunseeker on the sides, front and rear and is a autoquest 100 2008 model.

I put a volt meter across the cables and there's no power there. In the upper cupboard next to the wardrobe is what looks like the other end of the same cable with a couple of spade connectors on.

I suspect it may have been for a stereo at some point.

Petest - 2016-02-17 4:39 PM

In the upper cupboard next to the wardrobe is what looks like the other end of the same cable with a couple of spade connectors on.

Try your multimeter on continuity or ohms setting to check that each end of each core is indeed related to the other. If it is I would still be inclined to coil it up and just leasve it in case you ever wanted to re-use it.

Job done!

Archived