Elddis Sun Tor and Peugeot Prestige

paleopeter

We're looking at 2 Motor Homes. One is Elddis Suntor 115, 2008,Turbo Diesel. Manual, Mileage 17,797, £24,995 with some extras ie reversing camera and wing mirror protectors.

The other is a Peugeot Prestige115 HDI PAS 2010, Mileage 10,500, £26,995

We are complete novices in the world of Motor Homes so would very much value any comments and information about the above.

paleopeter

Hello Peter

If you have not already done so, I would spend quite a bit of time looking at the free guidance on the OAL website.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes

The Elddis 115 range is a budget van which in Prestige and Suntor trim has a few extras added for the dealer. The extras are provided at lower cost than if bought separately but are only useful if you need them.

You need to decide what you are going to do with your motorhome. If you are going to spend long periods in the winter in the Alps, the Elddis range will be of minimal use. Even in the UK, you will have to ensure you winterise the van as much as you can to cope with our winter temperatures. If you intend pootling about in the main three seasons in the UK, the Elddis range should be fine. Whatever you buy, you will need to ensure the van is in good condition and does not suffer from damp.

Rather than assess the Elddis vans as standalone, it is better to compare them with other vans of similar value. You might find another van will meet your needs better. Let us know what you want to do in the motorhome.

Design and build on Elddis motorhomes is not top notch and the prices reflect that.

Personally, I'd buy neither because I think there are better vans - you may have specific needs which makes the Elddis an ideal choice. I wouldn't have a Peugeot [easier for me to get Fiat serviced]. Sorry.

Archived