Aires in Belguim

Stuart202

Hi

We are sick of looking at our van parked outside the house and want to get away, we're off next week, just for 7 days but at least it's a break!

The tunnel is booked (wife won't sale in the winter....) but not much else. Thought we would motor through Belgium and North east France.

Does anyone know where we can get a list of the the Belgium Aires, assuming they have them. And any recommendations for this region at this time of year?

Thanks for looking.

Stuart

http://www.all-the-aires.com/

For probably the most accurate and user friendly books of Aires which, along with Camperstop Europe, have been our only sources of Aires for many years.

Unlike France and Germany, Belgium and Holland are not overly endowed with Aires so you may elect to take both books to give you the best chances although it must be said that many, but far from all, Aires are in both books.

One of our best investments was to purchase Camperstop Europe from Vicarious Books. It shows all the aires all over Europe with photos and supplementary information (and it's in English).

Brugge and Antwerp are worth a visit. The aire at Brugge is 15 Euro in the low season (up to end of March).

Others may suggest campercontact which I believe is downloadable, but I've never used it.

The campingcar-infos website

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

currently shows 237 ‘aires’ in Belgium.

The website separates these into 8 different categories and most of the Belgian ‘aires’ seem to relate to places where motorome parking is tolerated day/night. Other entries relate to campsites with motorhome servicing facilities (I think that’s the case with Ypres).

the camper stop book is a useful book to have, but many of the sites are closed and long gone. we have parked overnight in Belgium a few times alongside abbeys with know worries. But these days I don't do much if any wild camping in Europe. my next trip takes me into Belgian but these days if I want to see anything ( I love history and Belgian is full of things to see from ww2 tiger tanks still in the places they got disabled to old battlefields) I just visit the place I wish to see and then move on into Germany Aachen or sprayer both have 24/7 sites, sprayer being the better of the two. michael

In addition to aire at Bruges, we have stayed on following Aires in Belgium which we can recommend:

Leopoldsbug, on marina overlooking boats, nice restaurant, around10€/night including electricity.

Bocholt, on canal side, around 7€/night including electricity.

Tongerlo, again canal side but also next to English style pub/resturant, free to stay, hook up 1€/1.25kwh

Hans sur Lass, not by canal! but near famous caves. 10€/night including electricity.

Hope this helps.

Archived