33% up

dawki

Hi All

Just had my insurance renawal from Comfort Insurance

last year £265 this year £351 this includes break down cover

it has normally only gone about £10 per year over the last 4 years

no accidents or convictions to report

anybody else had large jump in insurance?

Just renewed ours. About the same as last year, though they have added £25.00 , as anew tax (service charge) Got a quote from another company, who we had been with previously, and £200.00 more!!

So shop around, we are staying with same company, as I think best when you get to 80 yrs, it can be a problem to get insurance

PJay

Over the past few years we've gradually moved all vehicle policies to Saga and have never accepted the first offer of a renewal quote.

This year though negotiation has failed and we've had to move to get good value; the increase on my car policy last year was 14% and this year 28%.. By moving I'm back to the 2014 level (plus free legal cover).

On the other hand we will probably move our house insurance TO Saga this year as their 'new user' quote is fully 50% less than M&S who we've been with for 10+ years.

It's all leg-work but it's the only way to get good value.

We have our house, car and motorhome all with Saga. Every year the same thing happens on all of them. Renewal comes in with a big increase in price. I ring up for a chat and quote gets substantially reduced. I must say I do like dealing with them. Ring up and you get through quite quickly with no push button milarky and speak in real proper English to a uk based agent who knows what's needed and can make the reductions on their own.

Colin Leake - 2016-02-26 7:13 PM

We have our house, car and motorhome all with Saga. Every year the same thing happens on all of them. Renewal comes in with a big increase in price. I ring up for a chat and quote gets substantially reduced. I must say I do like dealing with them. Ring up and you get through quite quickly with no push button milarky and speak in real proper English to a uk based agent who knows what's needed and can make the reductions on their own.

That's the experience I've had in previous years but sadly this year their maximum discount on my car policy still left it in cloud cuckoo land. Even acknowledging that I'd been with them for 10+ years and had 3 other policies with them currently they wouldn't budge. 59 years old, 23 years NCD and 4000 mile per/year - I don't think I'm exactly high risk.

Just renewed my motorhome insurance.

We were covered by equity red star via the cc, had a bump in my wife's car (me a named driver) no one made a claim, car insurance just listed it, no increase in premium, cc the van was new last may, premium went up from £250.00 to £500..00 fully comp protected no claims etc, when they heard about the bump they said, ERS will no longer cover you and that aviva will but want another £195.00 on top?

He did say shop around, I did Sheild insurance found very similar cover only now with three years new for old the excess payments were slightly more, but the cover came out at : £241.64p the strange thing is, it is with equity red star who wouldn't continue the cover.

Confused ? I know I am but not complaining. lol

Pete

We have been with Comfort for the last few years, but this year did a bit of shopping around. Comfort renewal at £240 which was the same as 2015 , AIB Insurance £188.

My age 66, Van 11 years old. 
We changed because Comfort let us down last year as they wouldn't cover us for non-EU countries and we were not impressed by their attitude. Having said that they were good up to then.

We have our Motor home, Car and House all with the Caravan Club Insurance , have found that they are reasonable, premiums Don't rise every year, indeed our house insurance premium went down this year.Also you have the 90 days away from home concession, at no extra cost. Happy with them.

C & CC increased my premium by over 300%. Some others refused to quote as now 80 yrs old. Eventually accepted a £200 increase fron just over £200 to nearly £400 which includes a new named driver. There is no logic in any of it.

Archived