Breakdown and recovery

Petest

I am insured with Caravan Guard, they cover me for continental touring and for breakdown & recovery all included on same policy, never had to use them yet, only downside is that as they only insure Motor homes and Caravans they do not cover you for third party liability to drive a car.

Mention has already been made of Britannia Rescue. Their service to me over the years has been second to none. I have relied on them since their inseption by CSMA in the 1980s both at home and abroad. That includes the Outer Hebides, France and Spain. I remember being told by the late Phil Briercliffe, the first chairman that their policy was to pay their agents on time to keep them on their toes. Whether that still applies with LV who now own BR I dont know but the service remains good.

John L

Safeguard-Insurance inclusive with AA breakdown UK & Europe

Called them out in Spain 5 weeks ago-superb service, recovery & repair all done within 5 hours and almost constant updates from English speaking guy in Madrid and help and advice from Service Centre in Lyon. Could not fault this incredible service from them. 40 minutes from phone call to recovery truck arriving.

Will try and add pics of recovery on post-turned out to be blown injector and they took it to Fiat dealer located parts, fittrd them, road tested van and returned it to me in 5 hrs

Mike

20160127_134812-2.jpg.e7e3968939e4a027176993080bdb80a5.jpg

laimeduck - 2016-02-29 9:24 AM

ADAC - all vehicles registered in your name inc motorbikes + wife + any vehicle you are in, +perks - €114.50 ~ £85-90 pa, Europewide.

Have you a link to ADAC for purchasing from the UK. that I could use, thanks in advance.

I've insured through Safeguard and Caravan Guard (naturally not at the same time) as both provide Europe-wide cover as part of the policy. Play one off against the other at renewal time to get the lower quote. Used Safeguard once (in France to change a wheel - only a 20 minute wait) but never had to use Caravan Guard. It is important to check the size and weight limits associated with the recovery service as some policies have restrictions.

• 2 weeks later...
laimeduck - 2016-02-29 9:24 AM

ADAC - all vehicles registered in your name inc motorbikes + wife + any vehicle you are in, +perks - €114.50 ~ £85-90 pa, Europewide.

Any restrictions on length or weight.

Currently with mayday through caravan club but considering stopping the CC membership.

Thebroons - 2016-03-15 9:03 PM
laimeduck - 2016-02-29 9:24 AMADAC - all vehicles registered in your name inc motorbikes + wife + any vehicle you are in, +perks - €114.50 ~ £85-90 pa, Europewide.
Any restrictions on length or weight. Currently with mayday through caravan club but considering stopping the CC membership.

As far as I am aware .... no. 
When we joined about 3 years ago I did ask about weight as we are 3850Kg and no problem. Also we are 7.3 metres.

Suggest you phone them and ask for your own peace of mind.

Archived