Trim

Dibsy

Hello

My Pilote A5 Atlantis (2003) has some trim that runs down the side of the body (I've attached a picture to try and show what I mean) which is coming away. It looks like there is some sort of sticky pad behind which stuck it on. Does anyone know what it is and where I can get some more?

Thanks

1923160481_2016-02-1416_39.07(550x309).jpg.27663e720c387ce97d6f8838ed571530.jpg

...Google "Herzim Strip"

From the photo, it looks as though your problem is the PVC insert having come away from the the aluminium extrusion.

If so, it is available in various sizes, lengths and colours by the metre from a good number of outlets - you need to search for the best match.

It should be an "interference" fit, squeezed into the rail (which is best done with a special tool, but is quite possible, if slow work, without).

The rail itself is normally bedded on non-setting mastic, and some of this may look like a "sticky pad" - alternatively, if it has started to come away in the past, someone may have attempted to stick it.

(and, if,as is normal, there are screws let into the rail - which the insert strip hides - these also tend to have a blob of non-setting mastic round them, to help with watertightness).

Archived