Electric duct heater for motorhome

o midKnight

Hi all Now have a small coach built with only gas blown air heating. Does anyone know of a 1 to 2 KW ducted electric heater that I could connect up to existing flexible piping ducts. I may be able to make butterfly valves to prevent heat going to gas heat exchanger and vice versa when one or the other is on. Anyone ever done anything like this before. All that room - a lot more than our defender that we used for jaunts to Iceland though it did have roll cage, hobs, portipottie, propex, sink and waste plus two bunks and very little space. Thanks O MidKnight retired solar heating engineer

So long as you leave the internal doors,lockers etc open a small convector (500w) heater on a low thermostat setting is all that is required. So loing as you remeber to shut blinds/curtains inc roof vents if nobody is in and out of the van the heat usually is sufficient to prevent any damage.

Why not use a fan heater, or fit diesel heating in parallel with your gas heating. That's what I'm thinking of doing if I can find a place for the Eberspacher heating unit. You can then have endless suppy of fuel from your main tank, or if you fit a small auxilliary tank you can use red diesel at half the price.

Thanks for replies. Already have a small fan but I want the hot air to come out of the ducts when on electric hook ups. When no hook up gas if fine. We have a Eberspacher heating unit on the VW Topaz I am selling at present and found it drained the battery quite quick in winter plus noisey if going at full belt. Mind you I have not heard the Truma combi blower yet!

Archived