Fiat Ducato 626 Escape - car battery wiring/fitting

Booleyx

Hi as a novice motorhomer or mechanic I've tried to replace the 95a car battery myself - handbook advises go to Fiat dealer but it can't be so difficult ...

....thinking that replacement of the car battery located under the passenger footwell floor would be simple and I'd have the new battery in by the end of the day I did not record where each of the various lives went on the battery!! doh! I've since realised I could have undone the plate sited on top of the live, without the need to remove the 3 live wires (one with fuse attached) from the plate first. I now have new battery in situ, connected to earth but am left with a plastic plate various nuts and connections and 3 smaller red live wires plus from memory a larger red main one (I'm now indoors in the warm!). Having trawled the web for diagrams to simplify my dilemma and to prevent me blowing up sumthing technical and costly on my van, I can't find anything!

PLEASE can anyone help? Desparately want to get her out and about before tires are knackered too - she's only 2014 but hates being ignored!!

Many thanks Tracy *-)

I have a 624 escape and had similar problem and some of the live wires were for solar panel and not standard wiring. Must admit I guessed and all worked ok but now always remember no need to disconnect them just pull whole thing off.

Also when mine twisted the connector is non standard also and struggled to find someone who could supply one

Good luck sorry couldn't be more helpful

Thanks Jon boy for replying - I was planning to take the risk too but I don't have solar panels so it could be the fridge or heating or anything and I'm worried about causing lots of value in damage when if I'd drawn a simple diagram I'd be out cruising with a bit of luck!! Flipping handbook should have pics instead of advising contacting you local Fiat dealership!! My friend says I should just pop into a motorhome garage and get them to lift the floor so I can take a photo with my mobile of the wiring - good plan but we're on the Isle of Wight so those garages sparse!!! x x x

Archived